|More Journal Entries|
"Colour is everything, black and white is more."(Dominic Rouse)
"About what black… the illusion of black means to me: I don’t think I chose it for black. I think it chose me for saying something. You see, it says more for me than anything else. In the academic world, they used to say black and white were no colors, but I’m twisting that to tell you that for me it is the total color. It means totality. It means: contains all."
(Is just a new group (for now made on 11 Feb 2o13) and I cannot send invitations to all of you, but, if you would like to join, don´t hesitate to send a join request! XD The many, the better. Thank you so much! )
This is a group destined to collect works in B&W and Sepia.
The ONLY media allowed: PHOTOGRAPHY & PHOTOMANIPULATION.
The quality of the works should speak for itself, but we will accept works from professionals as well as from hobbyists and beginners, as long as these works have a certain level of accuracy and an aesthetic render. An important role of this group is to give more exposure to some talented and underrated artists and to some of their works. We are also focused into bringing together all the professionals into Monochrome Photography and Photomanipulation.
In this state, before submitting your work, check please:
- the QUALITY of your work (is the first thing we look at!)
- the blur, the noise, the overexposure or underexposure. (Your work has to have a lot more than just basic level and we would like to see a clear image with the main subject from your work, even if your work is conceptual, surreal or abstract);
- the crop (we won't accept too cropped works);
- the focus (out of focus works will be denied);
- NO animals (all the works featuring animals, birds, insects of any kind will be declined).
(We reserve the right to add more unpleasant things like these in the future)
We hope you'll enjoy here!
~Shachar-Art & ~NNarcissus